Im well overdue for an update on here, but between broken laptops and life in general I just havent had the chance.
Back in august it was again time for the week long Dogs in Need agility show. Effectively 4 days of agility classes and a day of finals, with the proceeds going to charity. It was a glorious week, with summer finally coming into effect and giving us lots and lots of sun!! It was a stark contrast to the wind and rain we had last year. And the suffolk show ground is such a nice grounds for it. The dogs were sooo relaxed getting to chill out lying in the sun all week outside the tent.
I have to say the first 2 days the standard of our agility was rubbish. On his very first run for the week, Tooheys had a really nice run but pulled down a jump on a tight pull through (caught his back leg as he was jumping) and it was all downhill from there. While he was still jumping ok and didnt seem painful, I think pulling the jump may have knocked his confidence slightly.
We had a rest day on the thursday, and took the dogs for some training before hitting the beach. The training did the world of good and by the end of the week he was a touch bit slower than his fastest but his runs were much better. Friday he got a clear round and 14th in the combine 1-7 ABC agility (behind some top grade 6 dogs). The jumping should have been an easy course for him but we botched it up. And on saturday Tooheys was back on form but I botched it up. I panicked and called him off a jump in the agility, and caused him to knock a pole due to a poorly timed turn in the jumping.
There were some nice pics taken of Tooheys running so will upload them when I get them. And hopefully once my computers back up and running I can get some of the courses up..that is if I still remember them.
No comments:
Post a Comment