Monday, October 4, 2010

Month of the tourist

Im finally back on line after time off thanks to a broken cable and crazy work hours. Theres not much at all to report on the dog training front, but somewhere in amongst the craziness I've managed some time away (again..).

Due to some unfortunate circumstances my planned holiday to visit a friend in Greece at the end of july got cancelled. So at the last minute I decided to lash out on some eurostar tickets - oooh the luxury... - instead. So in the early hours of the morning I dragged myself out of bed
and boarded the train bound for Brussels.
I then got to spend a day wandering around the city, enjoying the sights and the food (definately the food..) in a deleriously sleep deprived state. It was lovely, honestly.

From there I boarded the train for Bruges, and subsequently spent the next 2 days wandering the romantic cobbled streets, travelling the canals, and watching the world go by. Glorious.


Monday comes and back to Brussels.. still somewhat delerious I may add thanks to a early morning fire drill in the hostel I was staying.. to see the rest of the city I managed to miss the few days before.

All in all a lovely weekend.



Fastforward a few weeks and my plane tickets to Greece were still sitting waiting to be used, so again after a very early morning (definately the worst thing about travelling!) a friend and I headed to Corfu for a week.
We arrived to the cold and rain, but it very quickly warmed up into a beautiful week of sun and adventure. Not one for lazy holidays spent purely sunbaking, although lovely in small measure, entertainment ranged from water sports, to biking, to hostel antics. It definately wins the award for the most amusing holiday Ive been on for a while.



5 comments:

Kirsty said...

Just thought of you at the w/e Kylie and wondered what you were up to. Sounds like you've been very busy!! Good for you, sounds fab. x

Jules said...

Brilliant you've been out and about so much and not working all the time, big hugs to you 'n Hollie, love your holiday snaps too xxxx

yettontop said...

I'm envious! Went camping in Corfu years ago. Loved the evenings in the taverna (!) in the olive grove, listening to the owls. Beautiful! Oh, and the white marble beaches.....
Brenda
PS Hope to see you again sometime??

Jules said...

Gosh that just shows how powerful our dogs are, every time Willow is at the front of my thoughts, I remember her and Hollie running in the oldies together at DD last year, just shows how strong memories can be even though they are no longer with us....was it only last summer?
Jules xxx

Kylie said...

Aww thanks guys. I know what you mean Jules, though it doesnt seem that long since the old girls were running.
Id be back up north a flash if I could but wont make it this year (still have a few adventures to go..), but hopefully in the new year, and hopefully with a new addition..