After a very hectic month working double shifts I got my first 'proper' time off work for a while to do some more travelling - yes I know I know, but all my recent trips have been weekenders, honest!
Top of my list of next destinations was Turkey, so I booked in on a week-long tour and off I headed. Unfortunately there was some alterations to our tour that we werent informed about before hand which added to the stress levels and put a slight dampner on things (theres alot to be said for communication people!!!) but Turkey itself was lovely and the tour was a great deal of fun. Between Gallipoli, all the ancient ruins, and the amazing land forms around Pamakale and the Cappadocia areas it was a truly impressive country. I didnt get to see much of Istanbul due to the changes (theres always next time..), but to make up for it I got to go hot air ballooning...utterly amazing!
On arriving back from Turkey I immediately headed across to the US for a very lazy week spent visiting H & J and baby Ben. Im so glad I got to catch up with them before they move back to Aus in january.







No comments:
Post a Comment