Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The start of 10 days of agility

On thurs 7th I finished up with where I was working in Essex, picked up a hire car (I'm in love..), threw all my worldly goods including dogs into the car and headed up to Peterborough for 3 days for the Kennel Club International Agility Festival.

What an experience, the KCI festival was huge. 18 rings with more than 2500 dogs entered. And masses if people camping. There were quite a few competitors from overseas, mainly europe, and we had the brilliant Shadow & Darcy representing Aus.

I wasnt going to run Tooheys at all over the weekend, due to him running out of the ring the prior weekend (grr evil dog) but I had a few very persistent people (..who shall remain nameless) push me to get in the ring, and I ended up doing 2 of his runs. Our G3 agility run was a bit of a mess. Our jumping run was quite good, except for him turning around in the weaves (!) to see where I had gone. Not much to tell there.

Overall we had a great weekend, got to see some wonderful runs, and cheer on others.

Some photos from the festival...

Overlooking some of the rings:

A queue full of collies:
Indy queing:

Caravan city:



No comments: