Monday, August 25, 2008

Canterbury and more

This weekend was a bank holiday weekend, and since I hadnt known whether I would be working or not I hadnt planned anything until it was too late to book accomodation etc. So I decided to sight-see locally and give the dogs plenty of walks given that they had been cooped up in the kennels during the week.

Saturday was perfect weather for playing tourist, so saturday morning we went down to Canterbury and wandered around the historic town. Very pretty city.


West Gate


St Austustine Abbey


Barrac


Main street

Then from Canterbury we headed to Herne Bay (just west of Margate) to have lunch near the beach

The beach is divided into lots of sections..very strange

Even though the english seem to be crazy enough to go swimming at the beach in this weather, I'm sure not. One benefit of being so close to the sea though is getting to take the dogs swimming regularly..they are just as crazy when it comes to water! Mind you, where else could you go swimming beneath a castle??
The photos were taken saturday evening near Kingsgate

Kingsgate Castle


Needless to say I was exhausted that night!

No comments: