Saturday, June 27, 2009

The next big adventure





After finishing work last week, tuesday I packed (ie overloaded) the car, threw the dogs in the back, and boarded the ferry to Holland. We arrived in the Netherlands early wednesday, and spent the day idling my way through the countryside to near the German border where we stopped at a campsite for the night. Of course I had to remember to drive on the right which would be no problem except for being in a british car which made life interesting. It was beautiful weather for it, although having no air conditioning I was a little worried about the heat in the back of the car for the dogs..thank goodnext for crate fans.







The following day was a long day spent driving through Germany to destination Denmark. The drive should not have been too bad except for roadworks all the way along the autobahn combined with heavy traffic (I dont get what the fuss about the autobahn is, I had little chance to experience the speed!!). The weekend is being spent in Denmark in the company of cattle dog people doing herding.

No comments: