Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tatton Park

We spent this past weekend at Tatton Park, near Manchester, for the Newton Heath agility show. Yet again, it was a wonderful weekend out camping with a wonderful group of agility folk. The weather left a little to be desired but for the most part the rain held off, and was managable.

Saturday the majority of the day was spent ring-partying with the other White Rose-ers. When shows are as big as they are over here its a given that the club running the show wont have enough man power to run 8 rings and its expected for competitors to help. I have to say for the most part I actually quite like ring partying, except for having to deal with the ocasional unfriendly competitor. Seems we face the same issues everywhere in the world.

There was actually little agility to be had for me over the weekend.
4 of the rings were very tightly packed together with a narrow walkway between. And the obstacles very close to the ring rope. Not an ideal situation for Mr 'dont like them other dogs around me'. So I chose not to run him in the majority of his runs that were in those rings.. it would put immense pressure on him and even more on me. It really doesnt matter though, I have just as much fun sitting round watching everyone else as I do getting stressed over running. A few friends had very good results over the weekend which is always nice to see!

This weekend really renewed my faith in agility people and the support I got from both people I know and train with, and those Ive never met was unbelievable. Many thanks to them all, it is truly appreciated.

No comments: