As I had a long weekend, I took the dogs up to Norfolk on monday to test out Finn's herding instinct . I was a little nervous of how she would respond, but I neednt have worried. In my oh so humble opinion - and Im fairly sure that of the trainers - she was brilliant for her first time out. She showed a strong desire to work, was responsive to handling, was kind on the sheep, and I had to drag her away even when she was well & truly exhausted. Next time out will probably be a huge disaster, but Im looking forward to working with what she showed she has.
I'm so loving training this girl. She's so quick to pick up on new things, and now that she's starting to get some concept of self control - and not trying to bounce off peoples heads when they're watching tv!! - she is a delight to have around.
And what more could I ask for but that Tooheys adores her! Who ever thought we'd see the day?
No comments:
Post a Comment