Monday, April 4, 2011

Fun and Games

Back from a nice weekend doing doggy stuff and loving the sun the moments it graced us with its presence.


Since I was heading up that way anyway, on saturday I dropped in at delinquent dogz to give Tooheys the chance at a few agility runs outside of training. It was lovely to catch up with people I hadnt seen for quite some time, and the boy was good for me. We had 2 disastrous agility runs - refusing to do cloth tunnels and seesaws away from training is becoming somewhat of a habit.. But he redeemed himself by going on to have 2 nice (clear. yes clear!!) jumping rounds, coming away with a 2nd place.


Sunday and it was onto the ACD open show. I hadnt been overly looking forward to it but actually had quite a nice day. Tooheys got his few minutes glory of - begrudgingly - running around the breed ring. And then some more minutes - again begrudgingly..- being asked to do obedience. I'll admit to being a little shocked on discovering he had shown enough 'obedience' to win both the pre-beginners and beginners classes. Not big classes, but none the less a nice suprise!


So today Tooheys got to celebrate by having various procedures (what a lovely mother I am...) to try and piece together the various strange signs hes been showing. Its still a little of a mystery but hopefully draining a large amount of bloody fluid from the roof of his mouth (!!!) and removing a damaged tooth will go a long way to making him feel better. At least in the long run. Since he's sure not a happy boy now.

1 comment:

Jules said...

Aw well done Toohey's on your runs and hope you feel much better soon matey-boy :)
Tell your mum obedience and showing suck lol!! ha ha :)