Thursday, May 26, 2011

A month with madness

A little late, but its hard to believe her naughtiness has been with me over a month already. Its gone so quickly but at the same time feels like shes been here forever. And Im just soo happy with how she's coming along. Although not so happy with the many bruises my legs seem to keep sporting thanks to her overenthusiasm ;-)

With the knowledge Finn was on her way over here, and that I wanted to get things right from the start, I hesitantly scraped together the money to subscribe to Susan Garrett's recall course. To say I am impressed with how all the basics (not just recalls!) are falling into place for Finn with little effort from me would be an understatement.
Yesterday I cut Toohey's agility lesson short so we could introduce Finn to some of the equipment for the first time. Once she'd finished ensuring the training field was up to her standards, she got to work as if she'd being doing it all her life - "Tunnel? Ok, I can do that", "Seesaw? Sure. Whats all the fuss about?" " Weaves? let me at 'em!"
I do put a big part of this attitude and ability to take it in her stride down to the basics we have been working on. So now we just have to keep plugging away at learning some self control!

2 comments:

Jules said...

Well done Finn girlie, Flynn says it's a bit tricky this self control lark... ;)

Kirsty said...

Bless her, sounds like she's doing briliantly!!! :) x