So to celebrate her 1st birthday we spent the weekend doing doggy stuff. Finn had the best weekend ever in her mind, even if the same cant be said for myself & Tooheys!
Saturday saw us get up early and drive several hours to Malvern for 3 counties dog show. Finn proudly got last in her class, courtesy of her wafty ear, so not the most worthwhile trip for me but Finn had a blast. She got to spend the day tarting up to all the boy dogs, trying to entice the girls into play sessions with somewhat less success, and show any person who dared hesitate in front of her how appreciative she was of their attention by bowling them over. All in all a huge success in her mind.
On the trip home we stopped in at Thames agility show for the night to catch up with friends and do some puppy socialising. Unfortunately the exercise area wasnt as big as usual, but Finn still had a grand time racing her doggy friends at full speed. I dont know the others were so happy about her lack of brakes & method of stopping ie running straight into them, but we did get proof that Finn would undoubtably win an agility competition if was purely testing agility when she soared over the backs of 3 border collies with a single stride.
Sunday we woke up to heavy rain which carried on all day, so not much fun on the camping front. The day was to get even better when I got a taste of what I was in for down the track - I took Finn over by the rings to work on some focus & control work, somewhat confidently I might add as shes been so good previously. When she suddenly flipped a switch and her mind blew a fuse. Suddenly I found myself with a shreiking, screaming, lunging mess, somersaulting on her lead in the excitement of it all. Help!! I think if thats anything to go by, her agility career may well be delayed until a long long long way in the future.
You would think after all this my little girl would be exhausted and give me a few hours peace & quiet. Wishful thinking. On getting home I left her alone for 5 minutes while I unpacked the car. This is what I came in to find. Her brand new toy, bought only hours earlier, in pieces all over the floor.
Anyone want an enthusiastic, smart, but excitable no-longer-a-puppy puppy? Anyone?!!!!
2 comments:
Oh Kylie, you've just had me crying with laughter.n Dogs, puppies, who'd have 'em!!!! :D
Sorry Kylie, that's just toooooo funny!!!! Flynn sends hugs to the not-so-grown-up Finn and says 'that's how you do it!!" :) xxxx
Post a Comment