US customs didnt seem to care too much about the dogs at all but grilled me with questions about what I was doing.
Niagara Falls
We drove as far as mid pensylvania the first day (with an added detour of having to backtrack 50miles) and stayed in a small town along the way. The following day was an 8hr drive through pensylvania, maryland, west virginia and virginia, and some truly beautiful countryside.
The following few days were spent with Laura & Jack on their beautiful farm, alternating herding training and sightseeing locally.
Sunday we had brunch at Mountain Lake, which is where Dirty Dancing was filmed. The lake the lodge overlooks was completely empty, and the excitement of the day was a body discovered at the middle of the lake, likely from the 20's.
It was fantastic to get back into herding again, I didnt realise how much I missed it. We started off a little rusty, but I'm happy with how Hollie picked it straight up again and did some nice work. Hopefully that will hold out for the specialty trial.
No comments:
Post a Comment