I've finally got a few minutes to write some updates...
The week following the agility trials we stayed with Hayley & Jason just outside of Washington DC. It was nice to have another week to relax, and just do a little local siteseeing (alot I had seen previously). The dogs got to experience city living in an 11th floor appartment, lots of elevator rides, and lots of people around. I have to say, I dont understand how people live permanently in appartments with dogs..I got pretty tired of having to take the dogs through the routine of taking the dogs out to the toilet!
From DC, the following weekend we headed back to Birdsboro PA for another herding trial (AKC). I had only entered Hollie on sheep, not wanting to risk frustrating/exciting her on cattle prior to our sheep run. I came to regret that, as in contrast to the flat dog I had at the AHBA trial, I had the fast and furious version of Hollie on my hands. Its been a long time since Ive seen that! She was covering the sheep far better than the previous trial and in general had much better control, but got a little too pushy for my liking. Despite a few slip ups here and there (mainly on the cross drive), inevitably caused by bad handler decisions, she qualified both days. This gave her the final pass for her US HSAs title. So she came out of the US as Aust Ch. Crystalledge Hollie CD ADM JDM ADO JDO SDX GD Aus/Am HSAs NA NAJ HRD1
We got to meet alot of wonderful people at the trial, and it was wonderful seeing a whole range of breeds (rotties, bouviers, corgis, shelties, collies, belgians, aussies) doing some really nice work - especially at the advanced level since I had been yet to see many dogs in advanced previously.
I'm afraid my camera didnt make it out of the car at the trial..
No comments:
Post a Comment