Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Herding instinct day

Last saturday we headed to shropshire for an ACD herding day. Suzanne Nevada was across from alaska visiting one of the ACD breeders here, so they organised a day for instinct testing. I dont think theres any doubt about Hollies instinct , but I went along for the day to watch the others being tested and to give us at least some sheep time.

The day was alot of fun, and all the dogs switched onto the sheep nicely, some faster than others, and some a little more enthusiastic (or should I say determined..) than others. It was wonderful to see so many cattle dogs (plus 2 swedish valhunds and a GSD) having a good introduction to sheep, and I think we now have alot of owners wanting more!!
Hollie got to spend a few minutes in with the sheep, and did well with sheep that would rather stand the dog up than fetch to the handler. But I think the best part of the day was getting to meet the other wonderful people who were there - some whom I'd had contact with but was yet to meet, and a bunch of others!

No comments: