I spent my well-earned day off on sunday travelling down to Daventry to catch up with fellow cattle dog owners and do some agility training. What more can you ask for!
We had all levels of dogs there ranging from Tooheys and Miah who are competing, to those nearly ready, and then the young dogs just starting. Unfortunately the lameness bug seemed to be contagious with several dogs (Hollie included) injuring themseles.
It was a relaxing day, at beautiful facilities. Many thanks to Stella for organising the day, and to Brenda for coming down & teaching.
There was a moment of worry when I arrived and saw the paddock full of sheep ajoining the training field, and that worry turned to panic when the sheep all drifted down to our end of the paddock to investigate. I could just invisenge Tooheys catching sight of the sheep and going through the fence when he was supposed to be doing agility.
I was truly amazed then as I left him on a sit stay at the start line he caught sight of the sheep, had a moments hesitation as he looked like he was about to take off, then instead focused on the agility sequence. I would never have thought agility would win out over sheep at close range!! Its one way to train distractions!
Photos of the day taken by Adam can be seen on the ACD society website as I was too lazy to take my own!
No comments:
Post a Comment