Thursday, March 12, 2009

Crufts glorious crufts!



Given how many people travel overseas just to visit crufts, I couldnt turn up the opportunity to go when it was a 2hr drive each way. So on the sunday I headed down to Crufts and spent the day wandering with a few friends. What an experience!
I got there earlier than expected but unfortunately the cattle dog judging was already part way through by the time I found the ring. I got to watch some though. Very different to what I am used to given the rings are quite small with seating around the edge - meaning that people were literally sitting in the ring with their dogs whilst waiting for their class. I do admit to being a little disapointed that I hadnt entered Hollie - I only discovered her Aust Ch title qualified her for entry after entries had closed - but on the other hand it was nice to be able to walk around without having to worry about any dogs.

Best of breed ACD:


The rest of the day was spent wandering through the multitudes of dog-related stalls..you can only imagine them all (all 5 halls worth!!).. and watching the agility at the main arena. Somehow I managed to restrain myself and not spend as much money as I anticipated, only getting Hollie a new bed, but did come with a list of things to get. The venue was very crowded and getting through stalls involved alot of hustling, yet I have it on good authority that that it was quieter than previous years, so I can only imagine it then!

Something to aim for next year!!!




No comments: