Having just got home from agility training tonight, its nice to feel like Im finally back on track and making some progress again with Tooheys after the turbulent past few training sessions where I was close to giving up.. That is after him almost not being trained tonight because he broke into and ate 1/2 a 4kg bag of dry dog food that I had stashed away in the car whilst I was in setting up. Grr..evil dog.
Monday I made the most of the bank holiday monday (after havingto come back from holidays to work the weekend..) and took the dogs to the 2nd Delinquent Dogz show. Like last time it was a pleasant day out spent with a few people I train with and others, this time with more people (and dogs!) there making the most of the new found - but short lived - sunshine.
There is no real news as such to report. Hollie was all excited to get out there on her first run and got another 1st in veterans agility, but seemed to pull up a bit stiff in jumping so we stopped mid run before she could injure herself.
Tooheys put in some nice work but no clear rounds. He blew his dogwalk contact spectacularly in agility but then had a near faultless round with some beautiful distance handling. He then got pulled from the ring midrun in jumping when he had a return of bad behaviours I thought we had long ago overcome and disposed of when nipped me on the back of the calf. He had a nice helterskelter (circular jumping) run with just one pole down. He was a little quieter than normal which is probably explained by the huge tick I found next to his ear that morning with an abscess forming underneath...bad owner picked up the Frontline from work before heading to Scotland land of ticks but forgot to actually apply it to the dogs.
No comments:
Post a Comment