I really didnt know what to expect when Id been told how beautiful a city Edinburgh was. Its certainly lived up to any expectations I may have concieved although not what I expected.
After finishing at the Scottish Kennel Club, where Hollie did quite well for an old girl winning reserve challenge and Tooheys didnt get much of an opportunity for anything only getting to run one of his 3 agility runs, I headed into Edinburgh itself. Spent the afternoon driving around and getting a feel for the city before heading to our hotel. I'd booked 2 nights at a hotel not far from the centre of town which perports itself to be extra dog friendly..which begs the question, what constitutes dog friendly? Coming from a country where as a general rule dogs are not allowed at hotels, anywhere that allows dogs to me would seem dog friendly. Then I had the hotel the night before where they changed the room given to me at no notice so that the dogs could stay in the room (Id not made them aware of the dogs and had planned on them staying in the car). Either way, I still find walking through the foyer of a nice hotel with 2 dogs to be somehwat bizarre. Not that Im complaining!

Looking up at the castle

After finishing at the Scottish Kennel Club, where Hollie did quite well for an old girl winning reserve challenge and Tooheys didnt get much of an opportunity for anything only getting to run one of his 3 agility runs, I headed into Edinburgh itself. Spent the afternoon driving around and getting a feel for the city before heading to our hotel. I'd booked 2 nights at a hotel not far from the centre of town which perports itself to be extra dog friendly..which begs the question, what constitutes dog friendly? Coming from a country where as a general rule dogs are not allowed at hotels, anywhere that allows dogs to me would seem dog friendly. Then I had the hotel the night before where they changed the room given to me at no notice so that the dogs could stay in the room (Id not made them aware of the dogs and had planned on them staying in the car). Either way, I still find walking through the foyer of a nice hotel with 2 dogs to be somehwat bizarre. Not that Im complaining!
Arthurs Seat and Holyrood park overlooking Edinburgh
View of the castle
Today I spent the day wandering the city and getting drowned. Of course the rain started not long after I left the car and didnt have an umbrella. So I scanned the touristty shops on Royal Mile for an umbrella to buy which to my amazement was not an easy task! Task accomplished and then I was was set to investigate. After wandering the streets I visited Edinburgh castle and then later took the dogs for a hike up to Arthurs Seat, the peak that looks out over Edinburgh. It was certainly exersion well spent, although very windy at the peak, and I found myself wondering at the stupidity of climbing up to a height with 2 dogs and having to worry about bracing them as well as myself against the strong winds!

Today I spent the day wandering the city and getting drowned. Of course the rain started not long after I left the car and didnt have an umbrella. So I scanned the touristty shops on Royal Mile for an umbrella to buy which to my amazement was not an easy task! Task accomplished and then I was was set to investigate. After wandering the streets I visited Edinburgh castle and then later took the dogs for a hike up to Arthurs Seat, the peak that looks out over Edinburgh. It was certainly exersion well spent, although very windy at the peak, and I found myself wondering at the stupidity of climbing up to a height with 2 dogs and having to worry about bracing them as well as myself against the strong winds!
Cobbled streets of Royal Mile
Looking up at the castle
View from the castle
View from Arthurs Seat
And again
The many faces of a wind-swept dog
No comments:
Post a Comment