Saturday, May 16, 2009

Delinquent Dogz

Back at easter we traveled the hour to Rotherham for the Delinquent Dogz independent agility show. What a great weekend we had. It was a small informal show, and my dogs really picked up their performance.

To say I was happy with Tooheys would be an understatement, he put in some really nice work. Sunday we started the day with agility, and he had a really nice run but I thought he got called on one of his dogwalk contacts. All in all I was quite happy with his contacts though - we have not long been training a stationary contact behaviour and this was his first chance to put it into action in a show environment. And there was 4 contacts (2 dogwalks) on this course. Anyway, imagine my suprise when I discover that not only were they not faulted meaning he got a clear round, but he won the class by a stonking 13 seconds! It was a combine G1-7 class although there was no dogs above G5 there. Slightly bittersweet though as he manages his first clear round in agility in over 12 months at a show where it doesnt really count.
He then followed it up by a (marginally slower) clear round in jumping for a 2nd place. The other classses run were Dodgem challenge where there were lots of tunnel traps that the dogs had to be kept out of, and flick flack challenge - a jumping course with lots and lots of serpentines. He didnt fair quite so well on these courses.

On the monday the results werent there but he ran just as well. We had an even better, superfast, cleaan, run on agility than the day before, but unfortunately he had a borderline Aframe contact and the judges call went against us. Likewise he had 1 dropped pole in jumping. His only dropped pole all weekend though.

Miss Hollie got the oportunity to return from retirement for the weekend. I entered her in veterans, and then imediately felt dreadful as Id promised no more jumping when she started having problems with her lumbosacral disease. That was shortlived though when I saw the pure joy on her face - as we walked into the ring and she saw the jumps her tail started madly wagging and she started vocalising. And those that know Hollie will know how unlikely that was to happen with little miss serious back when she used to run regularly. Well the enthusiasm shone through, and after knocking a pole in agility the first day due to misjuding her take of, her remaining 3 runs were all clear taking out 3 1st places!

So both dogs have qualified for the DD finals in july. Now I just have to make sure I can get the weekend off work!
Many thanks to Michell and Eileen for organising the weekend!

And here are some photos of the weekend taken by tigger2503. There are a couple of my mad boy in there so hope Im allowed to link them here:

">

No comments: