Monday, February 16, 2009

Pride and Prejudice country

Continuing my stay in the Peak district, on thursday I went and visited Chatsworth house. The house is closed to the public at the moment, but I had planned on going for a hike from there. Hollie was mildly lame from the snow & ice cutting one of her feet though so we ended up going for a walk around the (quite large) Chatsworth estate. Good thing we did as half way through I injured my foot which by the end was complete agony. Theres no way I would have made it any further!
Dodo me left the memory card from my camera behind but I did have my ever trusty phone..



The following day I went up to the dark peaks region. With my foot out of action I resigned myself to driving through the beautiful country side that I wanted to walk through.
The absolutely gorgeous Winnats pass:


Overlooking the hope valley:



Despite being out of action due to my foot, I was determined to climb up to Stanage edge. Perhaps I should rename this thread - The stupidity of some people! Im still paying for it now several days later, but was deinately worth it.
Climing up to Stanage edge:




The view from Stanage edge:




The new Keira Knightley?


Mountain sheep

No comments: