..well almost..
From Munich it was onto the Alps. You'll have to forgive me for the excessive number of photos, but it was such a beautiful area I went on photo-taking overdrive. And this is only a bare selection. We headed down the Deutsch Alpinstrasse into the German Alps. Stopping first in Ettal and taking a look at Ettal Abbey
From there it was a short drive to visit Linderhof Palace, one of King Ludwigs extravagant castles. It gave me a chance to wander around the beautiful estate and admire the scenery as well as the palace. And I had the lovely parking assistant that insisted the dogs must be taken for a swim in the ice cold (ie freezing!!) crystal clear stream nearby before I even dreamed of setting off to see the palace.
Before I knew it we were continuing across the Austrian border for the beautifu stretch of road along side the Am Plansee
We then crossed back into Germany continuing along the Deutsch Alpinstrasse. We then took a long break at Fussen, trecking up to see Neuschwanstein castle, another of King Ludwigs castle, and Hohenschwangau. Since the place was packed and I couldnt get any parking in the shade, the dogs got to climb up to the castle and Marrienbrucke (a bridge overlooking the castles) and came close to becoming the most photographed dogs ever by bus loads of korean tourists. And no they are NOT huskies!!!
And finally that night I pulled up at a nice campgound on the German-Austrian-and Swiss borders. What a memorable day!
No comments:
Post a Comment