After arriving back in the country I immediately headed back north for Wirral agility show. I had been told by several people it was a favourite of theirs on the agility calender, and I wasnt let down - friendly atmosphere, camping close to the rings (well except in my case..I will try to remember next time to write down who Im camping with), the weather held out well, and angela on the tanoy lived up to her reputation.
Saturday we were on ringparty, and I never got round to running Tooheys. Ive gone back to getting someone else to hold him away from the rings while I queue, to minimise his stress, and it didnt seem fair to pull someone away from helping on the ring to hold my dog for me. Sunday though he did some very nice work, despite no clear rounds - that can be blamed on his handler - calling him too early on a turn pulling him off the next jump on an otherwise brilliant round. I had some very nice comments about his work passed onto me though which is always enough to make me proud.
A veterans class was held both days for Hollie..saturday she knocked a pole due to a badly timed front cross on my part, and sunday she had a clear round just out of the placings.
A definate show for the calender next year if Im around..
No comments:
Post a Comment